Demons are a species of Other and are almost universally reviled as the most dangerous type. Demons work towards bringing the universe to an end, making the world worse one step at a time. Someone that utilizes demons is called a Diabolist regardless of gender.
What differentiates demons from other types of Others is the fact that they carry a sort of taint or rot or radiation that lingers even after they are gone. Anything taken by demons can't be reclaimed and the stronger the demon the longer their influence lasts. Interacting with demons incurs a heavy karmic debt. Angels are their opposites, but demons will prevail in a one-on-one conflict against them.
It is Roselyn's theory that the emptiness of space is the remnants of what happened after a demon fed off it and that, if you trace sources back far enough demons are responsible for every Other coming into being and thus all magic, meaning its all spiraling towards the end of existence.
Demons produce offspring motes called Imps, which are the most basic of demons found but can grow in power. In terms of power they're ranked from imps, least, lesser, moderate, and demon nobles.
- Choir of Darkness: Demons and devils that had been given life in counterpoint to creation and thrive in the darkness, the antithesis of creation and entropy distilled. Anything destroyed or devoured is never recovered, making it arguably the most dangerous choir.
- Choir of Madness: The choir that brings about madness, it acts against balance and can be deadly to Others like Sphinxes. However, those who are slightly mad themselves can oppose it for a time, and those who can bring about madness like Dionysus can ward it away.
- Choir of Ruin: The choir that brings about ruin, they damage things through connections, allowing them to harm practitioners through their workings. Opposed by structure, such as geometric shapes and symbols.
- Choir of Chaos:
- Choir of the Feral: The choir that reverts the natural order and instills hostility into those around it.
- Choir of Sin: The choir of man’s evils, it is a weaker choir but the one most personal to Humans.
- Choir of Unrest: Seen as the weakest of the choirs, the demons here work with intangible forces. However, it is the one that furthest its goals in Wrong because it is subtle and hard to get a grasp on. They even take to writing tomes themselves, under the guise of being diabolists, to spread themselves.
Choir of DarkEdit
Choir of MadnessEdit
Choir of RuinEdit
Choir of ChaosEdit